The Midcounties Co-operative Limited understands and respects the importance of your privacy and we are committed to safeguarding your personal information. In providing our service to you, we must collect personal information from you and this policy outlines how we treat your personal data after it has been collected by any of our channels which include our website, call centre and any future digital services or channels as they evolve.
What information will we collect?
We may collect all or some of the following information relating to you or other members of your party:
- names and contact/address details including telephone number and email address;
- credit/ debit card or other payment details (including card number, cardholder name, expiry date);
- Passport details;
- special requirements such as those relating to any disability or medical condition which may affect the chosen arrangements;
- dietary restrictions (which may disclose your religious beliefs).
You are responsible for ensuring that other members of your party are aware of the content of this Policy and consent to your acting on their behalf in all your dealings with us.Some of the information we collect (such as about health or religion) may be considered “sensitive personal data” under the Data Protection Act 1998. We collect it to cater to your needs or act in your interest, and we are only prepared to accept sensitive personal data from you on the condition that we have your positive consent. We will seek this consent when necessary.
How will we collect this information?
- We will only collect personal information from you by specifically asking for it:
- When you purchase a product or service with or through us
- When you subscribe to our newsletter
- When you register an account with us
- When you speak to our customer services team
- When you complete a survey or enter a competition
What will we do with it?
- We will use your name, address and credit card details to complete your booking.
- We will also use your details to manage your arrangements, send you notifications and communicate with you generally.
- For the purpose of completing your booking, we may have to disclose some of your information to the providers of the services making up your arrangements (who could be located outside the UK/EEA). We may also have to disclose some information to third parties in relation to customer services, credit card processing, or other services.
- We may need to disclose your information where required by law, where such a request is made by a legal authority.
- We may need to disclose our customer list including any personal information relating to you to a third party who acquires or attempts to acquire all or substantially all of the asset/ stock in our company or our website.
- We may also disclose information to organisations who act as “data processors” on our behalf, or to other organisations that perform business functions on our behalf, some of whom are outside the UK/EEA. These functions include administration, providing services (and contacting you where necessary), customer care, business management and operation, re-organisation/structuring/sale of our business (or our group companies), risk assessment, security and crime prevention/detection, research and analysis, marketing, monitoring, measuring and assessing customer purchasing preferences and trends, dispute resolution, credit checking and debt collection.
- We may from time to time contact you with information about special offers, brochures, new products, forthcoming events or competitions. If you do not wish to receive such information, you may ask us in writing not to receive it.
- We may pass your details to other parties who offer goods or services which we feel may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to have your details passed on in this way, you may ask us in writing not to do so.
We have taken all reasonable steps to have appropriate security measures in place to protect your information. Outside the European Economic Area, controls on data protection may not be as wide as the legal requirements in this country. The transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. We exclude our liability for personal data lost in transmission to the website.
What can I do?
If you do not agree to our use of the information as set out above, you should inform us as soon as possible by writing to us at The Midcounties Co-operative Limited of Co-operative House, Warwick Technology Park, Gallows Hill, Warwick CV34 6DA.
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, you may ask us in writing for a copy of the information we hold about you (for which we may charge an administration fee) and to correct any inaccuracies in your information. We aim to respond to you within 21 days from the date of request.
You can also choose not to provide us with some of the information we request, however as a result we may not be able to complete your arrangements.
Subscribers can opt out of receiving further information from us at any time by writing to us at the above address. You will also be given a fast and easy option of opting out on all communications.