Other dates & departures are available on request. Subject to availability and price changes.
* Visit to Invermoriston & St Columba's Well
* Fort Augustus Visit
* Stop at the Falls of Foyers, a 165ft Waterfall
* Visit to Dores & Free-time on the Beach
* Covered by our Co-op Holidays Promise
Enjoy a 3-night break to the Scottish city of Inverness, staying a centrally located 4* hotel with the option of adding breakfast, and enjoy a full-day tour of the Scottish Highlands and Loch Ness. Optional cruise and entrance to the famous Urquhart Castle.
Your one-day Loch Ness tour starts from Inverness, usually around 08:45 and follows the beautiful Caledonian Canal to the source at Loch Ness. 24 miles long and over 700 feet deep, the loch is the largest by volume in the British Isles and is most famous for its sightings of the Loch Ness Monster, affectionately known as “Nessie”.
You'll spend most of the morning at Loch Ness, allowing for plenty of time to go Nessie-hunting! Our first stop is Dochgarroch, about 7 miles from Inverness, here you will have the option of taking a 5* Loch Ness boat trip with Jacobite Cruises (not included) who have provided Loch Ness cruises for over 40 years. You will sail across the loch to the 13th century ruins of Urquhart Castle (not included) where you will have plenty of time here to explore the ruin, enjoy the visitor centre, and take in the views and atmosphere of Scotland’s most famous loch.
Afterwards continue to Invermoriston, where you'll pause to take photos of the bridge and St Columba’s Well – a well that was believed to have poisonous water until it was blessed by St Columba in AD 565, banishing the evil spirits that haunted it. That same year he supposedly had the first documented encounter with the Loch Ness Monster. Afterwards, we journey through to Fort Augustus, the furthermost point of your Loch Ness tour. Fort Augustus is a small town with a population of only 650 people and is a perfect spot to relax and watch boats passing through the Caledonian Canal while you enjoy your lunch!
After lunch, begin your journey back to Inverness, stopping at the Falls of Foyers. The majestic 165ft waterfall was a favourite retreat for poet Rabbie Burns, and is truly breath-taking. Enjoy plenty of time here to soak up the atmosphere before the tour continues on to the village of Dores for a visit to Dores Beach on the east shores of Loch Ness. Spend a short while wandering the sandy shoreline before boarding the coach for a final return journey to Inverness where your Loch Ness day tour ends.
- Free-time to go Nessie hunting!
- Optional cruise and entrance to the ruins of Urquhart Castle
- Visit to Invermoriston & St Columba's Well
- Fort Augustus visit
- Stop at the Falls of Foyers, a 165ft waterfall
- Visit to Dores and free-time on the beach
Fly direct from UK airports
Choose to fly from:
- London Luton
- London Gatwick
Numerous departure dates are available, please enquire for more details.
4* Jurys Inn Inverness
About the Hotel:
* 4/5 Scores on TripAdvisor
* Free Wi-Fi Access
* Contemporary Restaurant
* Stylish Bar Area
* Health & Leisure Club
* Prices correct as of 06/05/2021, subject to change and availability. Based on 2 sharing. Please note, children under the age of 5 are unable to join this experience. Optional Loch Cruise and entrance fee to Urquhart Castle are not included, you may add these directly with the supplier 2 days prior (cruise +£18pp, Urquhart Castle +£9.60pp). Luton, Gatwick and Bristol departures all include 1 x small under seat cabin bag per person (max 45 x 36 x 20 cm, hold luggage is available to add at a supplement). Birmingham and Manchester departures both include 1 x 15kg hold bag per person. Provided by Co-operative Holidays Limited, ABTA & ATOL protected.
You're covered by our Co-op Holidays promise, if things need to change:
BOOK IT - Deposits starting from only £49pp
CHANGE IT - With no admin fees
CANCEL IT - Up to 6 weeks before departure and only lose your deposit
REFUND IT - Money refunded within 10 days if we have to cancel your holiday
ATOL & ABTA protected