* Comfortable, stylish cabins and suites equipped with a Smart TV, hairdryer, tea and coffee making facilities, a fridge and individually controlled air conditioning
* A tempting choice of cuisine every day throughout your cruise – with five-course à la carte dinners, casual breakfast and lunch buffets, late-night snacks and much more
* Unlimited, self-service tea and coffee available 24hrs at selected venues, complimentary afternoon tea* with sandwiches and cakes, and in-room sandwiches and snacks
* A full programme of evening entertainment, including cabaret shows, comedy, dancing and live music
* Full use of on board leisure facilities, including swimming pools, Jacuzzis and gym
* Luggage porterage between your cabin and the drop-off/pick-up point
* Formal welcome and/or Captain’s Drinks Party and Gala Buffet
The festivities on board Borealis will be in full swing from the moment you embark, and three days at sea will allow time settle in, indulge and soak up all the excitement as you head south for the Canaries. On Christmas Day, you’ll wake with Tenerife on the horizon, knowing you’re in for an experience to remember. Friendly, attentive staff will take care of everything as you enjoy festivity, fun and food on your ship throughout the day, while a fantastic concert, provided by the Santa Cruz de Tenerife’s port orchestra, will provide unmissable entertainment in the evening. Boxing Day will be as laid back as it always should be, as you’ve ample time to explore Santa Cruz, see Tenerife’s volcanic sites, or simply recover from your Christmas indulgences at the beach too.
After a magical Christmas, the Canarian highlights keep coming as the year draws to a close. Borealis takes you to four of the archipelago’s most beautiful, culture-rich islands over four consecutive days. The lunar-like landscapes of Lanzarote are then yours to explore, with Arrecife serving as your gateway to Timanfaya National Park and mighty Fire Mountains, and spectacular beaches await at Gran Canaria, home of the oasis-like sands of Maspalomas. At gorgeous La Gomera and the ‘Pretty Island’ of La Palma, you’ve opportunities to explore verdant forests and seek out volcanic wonders aplenty; La Palma’s San Antonio Volcanic Park is a must-visit. After the Canaries, it’s on to Madeira for a fabulous New Year’s Eve. Take the day to explore the unique levada walking trails or resplendent botanical gardens; or perhaps visit the Cabo Girão sea cliff for stunning Atlantic Ocean views. By evening, it’s back on board Borealis for another unforgettable celebration, culminating with a chance to witness one of the world’s largest New Year’s firework displays.
Borealis, like her sister ship Bolette, has capacity for less than 1,400 guests but is larger in overall size than the other vessels in the Fred. Olsen fleet. This means when you come on board for a memorable cruise holiday, to relax and enjoy a premium level of comfort – as well as our renowned personal service – in the elegant public areas, lounges, bars and dining venues, you have even more space in which to do so.
With its warm, welcoming atmosphere and timeless style, and classic open deck spaces providing a place to fully immerse yourself in the magic of ocean cruising, Borealis is very much in keeping with what our guests have come to expect from a Fred. Olsen ship.